Best Drawing Apps for iPad and iPad Pro
If you have an iPad you’ll understand how great they are for many different things: surfing the web, checking your mail and taking photos, to name just a few! If you enjoy art there’s also plenty of iPad drawing apps to choose from which can keep you occupied for hours. Drawing apps are perfect for long flights, relaxing or simply showing off your artistic talent!
On another note, if you’re seeking a stylus to help you draw but you’re unsure where to begin we’d definitely recommend reading our blog about the best styluses for the iPad.
Detailed below are some fantastic apps for you to get creative.
Sketches is a versatile user-friendly sketching app. This extensive artist’s toolbox helps users create masterpieces wherever you may be.
Some of the features include:
- Import photos
- Over 20 lifelike tools
- Realistic watercolour wet brushes
- Brushes Editor
Each stroke behaves like brush on paper, adapting the pressure, angle, and width to your movements.
Tools are tucked away as you create and the smallest amount of buttons are displayed giving you the freedom to draw and experiment on a clean, clutter-free canvas. Once you’re happy share your drawings with the Sketches Community where you can be inspired and even vote for other people’s drawings.
Procreate is a powerful illustration app which helps you create wonderful sketches and inspirational paintings.
You’re truly spoilt for choice with 128 incredible brushes to choose from. Perfectly blend colour with the immediately responsive smudge tool.
- 128 brushes
- Dual textured brush system
- 35 customisable settings for each brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organise your brushes into your own sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Keep your artwork organised with Procreate’s Gallery
- Delete, duplicate and share
- Light interface especially made for bright conditions
Instant Replay allows you to relive your Creative Journey. Watch artwork come alive as Procreate repaints every stroke.
Inspire Pro provides a quick and realistic painting, drawing and sketching experience. Be ready for when creativeness strikes! There’s so much this app has to offer – brush, blend, graze, blur or mix colours.
● 70 high quality brushes (with 60 more available in the Inspire Pro Shop)
● All brushes can be used as wet, dry or eraser
● Customise brush strokes with more than 20 different settings
● Dual-texture brushes
● 3 finger pan gestures allow you to quickly change settings without opening a menu
● Your latest colours are automatically saved to a palette
With Canvas Playback Video Recording you can play the video of your artwork being created.
We hope the above helps you on your creative journey. We’d love to hear from you if you decide to give any of the apps a try. Leave us a comment below with your feedback or even if there’s another great app you can recommend!