Amazing Apps that help you sleep
Fed up of constantly feeling tired and struggling to stay focused during the day? Perhaps you’re a parent with an infant waking up countless times during the night or maybe you suffer from insomnia?
The average person in the UK is missing out on an hour’s sleep a night, losing the equivalent of an entire night’s sleep a week!
The number of Brits reporting to be sleep deprived is on the rise especially with many now using technology such as computers and smartphones before bed.
The average adult sleeps for only 6.8 hours compared to the recommended 7.5 – 9 hours.
If this sounds all too familiar now’s your chance to get experimenting with some fantastic apps which can help you get the best night’s sleep you deserve!
Listed below are several different apps you should try out and you may be surprised as to how they can help you.
Relax Melodies App (by iLBSoft)
Select sounds and melodies that you like and combine them to create a mix.
The main features include:
• 52 high quality ambient sounds
• 4 brainwave beats
• Individual volume adjustment for sounds and melodies
• Create unique mixes
• Create, save, name, sort and replay your favourites easily
• Timer system to set a duration to your favourite mixes
Rain Rain Sleep Sounds (by Tim Gostony)
Some find the noise of rain soothing. Discover the different sounds with this great app.
Drift off to sleep whilst listening to:
• Rain: Dripping – Downpour – Rain on a Tent
• Storms: Thunder Cracks – Thunderstorm
• Water: Ocean waves – Slow Stream – Outdoor Fountain – Ocean Pier
• Nature: Desert Wind – Blizzard Wind – Crackling Fire
• Transportation: Airliner – Train – Rain in the Car
• Appliances: Dishwasher – Clothes Dryer – Washing Machine – Alarm Clock
Explore with many more noises such as African jungle, birds and waterfalls.
With the mixer you can combine any sounds you like and independently control the volume of each.
Set Rain Rain to gradually fade-out and then stop the rain after a specified duration so that you can get to sleep without leaving your phone on all night.
White Noise (by TMSOFT)
White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking unwanted noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep. Featuring ambient sounds of the environment to help you relax.
White Noise can help you by:
• Blocking distractions
• Relaxing and reducing stress
• Increasing focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothing headaches and migraines
• Masking tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
You may also find White Noise useful when travelling on a plane when you’re wanting to block out the surrounding noises.
Sleep Cycle alarm clock (by Northcube AB)
An intelligent alarm clock that analyzes your sleep and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase.
- Monitors your sleep movements using sound or vibration analysis
- Sleep Cycle calculates the best time to wake you up during a 30 minute window that ends at your set alarm time
As you sleep you go through different phases, ranging from deep sleep to light sleep. The phase you are in when your alarm goes off is critical for how tired you will feel when you wake up.
Since you move differently in bed during the different phases, Sleep Cycle can use the microphone or accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movements and determine which sleep phase you are in.
- Detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs
- Carefully selected alarm melodies
- Fully integrated with Apple Health
- Customizable wake up window
- Measure your daily physical activity and see how it affects your Sleep Quality
We hope you have fun experimenting with these apps. We always love to hear your feedback and if there are any other apps that you can recommend please share with us by commenting below!