5 Inspiring Camera Brands You Should Follow On Instagram
Since 2010, Instagram has been a staple app for millions of snap-happy social media users. So it makes sense that many camera companies are now using it to showcase the abilities of their new product range, whilst also allowing amateur and professional photographers to reach a wider audience.
If you’re beginning to tire of seeing the same tedious selfies or sunset-framed yoga poses, we’ve chosen five of our favourite Instagram accounts from top camera brands that truly inspire creativity and fuel the imagination through the power of an image.
Unfiltered and understated (and not a Kardashian in sight!), these accounts simply share stunning shots taken by people with a real passion for photography.
1. Our best newcomer, @LumixUK only joined the photo-sharing site last month but confidently kicks off our list by showcasing the Lumix camera range from Panasonic in breathtaking style. Despite having fewer than 300 posts and 700 followers, the reliable Lumix Digital and Lumix G compact system cameras are widely used, so expect to see perfectly-framed scenes taken by the growing Lumix UK community. From Big Ben to Brighton, there are beautiful views from around Britain to admire, as well as photography from cities all over the world, including Bangkok, Utah and Berlin.
2. Featuring images truly out of this world, @canonuk posts amazing snaps from the International Space Station. Astronauts are currently using the EOS 1D C and EOS C500 cameras for ‘A Beautiful Planet’ documentary and subsequently sharing stills of Earth with their 130k+ followers on a regular basis. Aside from giving a bird’s-eye view of the crisp blue waters of the Caribbean Sea below, this world-leading brand also shares hundreds of captivating landscapes a little closer to home.
3. The Nikon brand boasts several Insta accounts but we recommend @nikoneurope for sheer variety and community spirit. Despite a fairly modest following and fewer than 300 posts to date, the official Nikon Europe account is fast becoming one of the more sociable brands, encouraging customers to be part of its world through a variety of hashtag campaigns. Users of its DSLR, premium compact and Coolpix range can post using #nikoneurope and #NikonSelfie to be part of the daily feed but our favourite is #levitate which depicts floating people and objects due to some Dynamo-inspired trickery with the camera setting.
4. The official Instagram account for Olympus America Inc. @GetOlympus is the David Attenborough of Insta with an encyclopaedic range of nature and wildlife shots. From oh-so-cute puppies and cavorting cats, to swimming sea turtles or scampering squirrels, this Japanese brand has clocked-up the most posts on our list by its legions of loyal brand ambassadors. Olympus’ high resolution DSLR cameras effortlessly capture an incredible range of adventures from across the globe, which are then shared using #getolympus and #mytravels to be in with a chance of nabbing Photo of the Month. The Spanish and Australian accounts, @esolympus and @olympus_au, are also worth checking out.
5. Our best for celeb spotting is the official account for Leica UK @leicauk which shares intimate portraits of famous faces. Taking you behind the scenes at this year’s BAFTAs, you can also like shots of Justin Timberlake, Scarlett Johansson and Kristen Stewart, to name but a few. Thanks to its vast archives and plenty of reposts from professional photographers, this brand kept on surprising us. There’s even a #TBT featuring HM The Queen and her trusty Leica! Celebrating over 100 years of Leica photography, this much-loved brand has a rich history dating back to the development of the first 35mm still camera. Featuring stylish product shots and cool candids of the glitterati, this account has a retro vibe that works so well on Instagram. Not only are there some great competitions to win must-have Leica products but you also get a front row seat to all the backstage action at the click of a button.