Places to visit in and around Bucks over the Bank Holiday weekend
Making plans for the Bank Holiday can sometimes be a struggle as we are often guilty of getting caught up doing the same old things. So we’ve decided to list some fun places for you to visit in and around the Buckinghamshire area, no matter what the weather holds!
Rush located in High Wycombe is an indoor trampoline park for children and adults! It’s the perfect place to visit, especially on a rainy day. With over 17,000 square feet of trampolines, giant foam pit, dodgeball courts and much more there’s something for the whole family.
Windsor is a lovely place for all whether you’re visiting alone, with family, friends or as a couple.
- Have a picnic in Windsor Great Park or do the Long Walk if you’re feeling up to it!
- Book a tour of Windsor Castle
- Enjoy a relaxed afternoon tea with a view of the castle at the Harte & Garter www.harteandgarterhotel.com
- Stroll around Alexandra Gardens
- Dine in one of the many Restaurants (if you fancy a view of the river visit Cote Brasserie which overlooks The River Thames)
- Hop on a riverboat tour with The French Brothers and take in the breathtaking views of Windsor Castle, Eton College and Windsor Racecourse
- Rent a motor boat and drive yourself along the Thames
- If you love shopping then you’re spoilt for choice with the wide range of shops on Peascod Street and the Windsor Royal Shopping
Visit Bekonscot, the world’s oldest and original model village with more than 80 years of history.
A great day out for the whole family with its detailed model buildings, well kept gardens and huge model railway. The youngsters will love it here – watch them become immersed and amused by everything there is to see.
Have the perfect family day out at Odds Farm. It’s packed with lots of animal fun, indoor and outdoor play. There’s plenty to do, from go karting, tractor and trailer rides to sand and water play. Let your children explore. Hand-feed goats and sheep, meet the farmers and enjoy the animal demonstrations, from sheep-shearing to meeting the baby animals.
The Warner Bros Studio Tour
Fascinated by film or fond of Harry Potter? Discover the magic of Harry Potter when you visit the film set at The Warner Bros Studio. See the costumes, props, art department and learn about the special effects techniques.
To book your tickets or to find out more visit: www.wbstudiotour.co.uk
The ideal place for walking, cycling or dog walking.
For those who enjoy cycling there is a family cycle trail which takes you around the woods. If you’re feeling up for the challenge you can even explore with Go Ape. Fly down huge zip wires and leap off Tarzan Swings whilst enjoying the breath taking scenery.
Virginia Water is a popular destination all year round, with its gleaming waters and abundance of wildlife. The woodland shores of this outstanding lake are admired by people walking, running and simply relaxing enjoying the scenery. Explore the ancient monuments, to graceful waterfalls and stunning views.
Henley is renowned for rowing and each summer the Henley Royal Regatta takes place. Henley is fortunate with its small, independent and eccentric shops. Browse through a selection of items from delightful boutiques, antiques, gifts and art. Treat a loved one to afternoon tea from one of its many coffee shops or visit Henley’s exceptional pubs some of which are tucked away in some of the smaller streets.