The Gerrards Cross Fun Run 2018
The Gerrards Cross Fun Run returns on Sunday 20th May 2018. If you haven’t yet signed up visit www.gxfunrun.org.uk
The deadline for applicants is Monday 7th May or when capacity is reached.
This 5km race takes place every 2 years and follows a route through residential roads in Gerrards Cross finishing on East Common.
The Fun Run brings together 1,500 runners. Anyone 8 years and above can participate in the main race, there are also short races for children aged 4 to 9 years allowing them to get involved too.
Everyone is encouraged to participate no matter their ability, whether you choose to walk, jog or run it really is the taking part that counts! You can participate with family, friends, colleagues or as an individual.
On the day of the Fun Run there will be an assortment of entertainment taking place on East Common plus food and beverages to keep everyone refreshed.
- All day BBQ
- Live music
- Competitions and raffle
- Bouncy castle
- Inflatable slide and assault course
- Licensed bar
Line up on the day:
- 10:30 – 11:45 Main Race number collection on East Common
- 10:30 – 13:30 T-shirt collection & Children’s Races registration
- 11:00 Activities and entertainments open (East Common)
- 11:30 The refreshment stalls open
- 11:40 Warm-up for runners
- 12:00 The 5KM Fun Run race starts!
- From 12:40 Main Race results on East Common (and are published online)
- 12:45 – 16:15 Live music
- From 13:30 Race route road closures are lifted as last runners pass through
- 13:30 Warm-up for children’s races
- 13:50 Children’s races begin
- 14:50 Winners awards and the grand draw
- 16:00 Refreshments and stalls close
2018 Entrance Fees:
Main Race individual runner (Aged 8+) £12.50
Main Race dog runner (Aged 8+) £12.50
Main Race team runner (Aged 8+) £12.50
Children’s Sprints runner (Aged 4-9) £3.00
We would like to wish everyone participating the best of luck. We hope the day brings plenty of sunshine to Gerrards Cross!