Best Robot Vacuums in 2016
For some, hoovering can be a lengthy, boring chore. With most of us having busy lives we can often find ourselves rushing around trying to cram everything into the working day, and for some housework sadly sometimes gets forgotten about, taking low priority.
Fear no more! Thanks to robotic vacuums hoovering is effortless. More and more people are beginning to invest in robot vacuums instead of the traditional type. They save you time meaning you can spend time doing the things you love.
We’ve done some research and listed the best robot vacuums available. So whether your hoover needs replacing or you’re simply looking to upgrade and try something new then hopefully this will help you make a decision.
- You don’t need to do the hoovering!
- Easy to use and saves you time (you don’t have to be present – simply leave it to hoover whilst you’re out)
- Energy saving and saves you money (no need to pay a cleaner and most don’t consume as much electricity in comparison to traditional vacuums)
- Low noise
- No hurting or soreness of your back
- Scheduled, frequent vacuuming
- They cannot climb stairs or reach other levels without physically being moved
- Might not be as accurate as a traditional vacuum
- Speed (not ideal if you need to get the hoovering done quickly!)
- Some types don’t automatically charge themselves meaning you need to remember to charge it
- Pets may be scared
3 Robot Vacuums Reviewed:
iRobot Roomba 980 £799.99
If you’re looking for a quality, high tech robotic vacuum the Roomba 980 is one of the most advanced. It can perfectly navigate an entire level of your home and you can control when it cleans from your smart device. It’s easy to operate. By installing the iRobot Home App this allows you to clean and schedule cleaning from anywhere, at any time, as well as see the status of cleaning jobs.
- Cleans all floors types and automatically adjusts to the correct floor type
- Automatically increases power on carpet and rugs
- It can run continuously for up to two hours
- Keeps track of its location and automatically recharges at its docking station, as needed, until the job is done
- Smart – The iRobot Home App gives you full control from wherever you are
- Its brushless extractors prevent tangles and blockages from hair and other debris
- Its smart sensors allow Roomba to avoid dangerous drop-offs (e.g. stairs) and adapts to real-world clutter and furniture
iRobot Roomba 650 £399.99
At half the price of the iRobot Roomba 980 is the iRobot Roomba 650. This vacuum also has self-charging and scheduling features. Roomba 650 is better equipped to handle fibers such as hair, pet fur and lint.
- Vacuums dirt, dust, hair and debris from your carpets, hardwood, tile and laminate floors
- Automatically adjusts to different floor surfaces
- Cleans under and around furniture and along wall edges (ensuring the most thorough floor coverage possible)
- Avoids stairs and other drop-offs
iRoboVac XD £159.99
The iRoboVac is a great choice if you are planning to make the transition from traditional to smart vacuum cleaner. Costing less than £200 this is a more affordable option without compromising on quality. It’s also listed in Amazon’s top five bestselling robot vacuum cleaners – surely that in itself deserves some recognition!
- Easily identifies dirt through its advanced sensor
- Good brushing and suction
- Smart and reliable (automatically recharges itself when it detects low battery)
- Low noise level
- Fully programmable with five cleaning modes to choose from
Overall there is a wide choice of robotic vacuums at different prices. The main points to consider are whether you’re looking to invest more in a device which you can leave to get the job done, or whether you’re just wanting to experiment so it may be best for you to purchase an entry level vacuum.