The Best Password Storing Apps
It’s quite incredible how much we’re expected to remember on a daily basis. Passwords, secret questions and answers, pin numbers, unlock codes – the list goes on!
Furthermore we’re advised to have strong unique passwords which often entails having a different password for each account.
Are you fed up of getting your brain tangled with passwords? Thankfully there are some great password storing apps available to use!
The golden rule is to never physically write down personal confidential information on paper, for obvious reasons – if this becomes lost or stolen you’re vulnerable and at high risk of becoming a victim of fraud, for instance.
Password manager apps offer simplicity and peace of mind by generating and keeping track of all your passwords in one safe place. Detailed below are some of the best apps you can use.
1Password (by AgileBits Inc.)
1Password allows you to keep your digital life safe and secure behind one master password.
The free version of 1Password enables you to:
- Store usernames and passwords, credit card information, addresses, and notes
- Log in to websites without having to remember or type any of your passwords
- Fill passwords, credit card information, and addresses quickly
- Mark items as favourites for easy access
- Sync your 1Password vault across mobile devices and computers
1Password keeps you safe by:
- Using AES 256-bit encryption
- Locking automatically so your vault is protected, even if your device is lost or stolen
- Allowing quick, secure access with Touch ID
- Creating unique passwords with the Strong Password Generator
Securely stores your important data and can automatically log you into websites with a single tap.
The features include:
• Secure military AES 256-bit encryption to protect your information
• Supports Password Lock, Dot Lock & Touch ID
• AutoFill your usernames & passwords to websites exist in the “Login” templates or only one tap to complete web forms with built-in web browser
• Powerful Password Generator
• Integrated search
• Password hide/reveal
• Links, phone numbers and email addresses can be activated by touch
• Auto-lock to protect
• Optional self-destruct if hacker attempts to guess your password
Private Password Manager Vault
Every day we’re faced with passwords to remember. If you create new ones they can be tricky to remember and if you repeatedly use the same regular passwords you become at risk. This app can help you!
- All accounts and passwords are encrypted by AES-256bit encryption system
- You must have the master passcode in order to access the application
- Unlock app using fingerprint with Touch ID feature
- The self-destruction feature can wipe all data within the app if attacked by a malicious hacker
- Auto-fill usernames and passwords
- Mark account items as favourites for easy access
- Keep the most secret items in “Hide List” for private access
- Search all of your items to find what you need fast
We hope the above can help you manage your passwords better. To work out which app is the best for you, you may decide to download all of the apps and test them all. We always love to hear feedback so feel free to let us know your thoughts on the apps and how you get on!