LED ecological lighting: light that cares for the environment
3rd March 2022 at 7:42 am #242333crestledParticipant
LED technology has given rise to a type of ecological lighting that helps take care of the environment. The entire LED Light Bulbs is much more efficient than the conventional one, even than the low consumption one, basically because of the materials that it is made of and because of the way it produces light.
LED lighting is made up of diodes, which are semiconductor elements that emit light when electricity flows through them. It does not require filaments or gas to work and also does not transform light into heat.
This technology has the lowest energy consumption produced to date. Plus, LED Light Bulbs last up to 20 times longer than incandescent bulbs! Their maintenance costs are very low, they have a long useful life and they reduce light pollution.
As if that were not enough, another of its benefits is that they are made with recyclable materials and does not contain polluting elements such as mercury.
In fact, with the progressive withdrawal of halogen lighting products from the market by the European Union, as it did previously with filament bulbs, confidence in LED is shown to be the lighting technology of the future that we can start enjoying today.
Let’s see in more detail what the advantages that LED ecological lighting offer us are and how we can contribute our grain of sand in this fight for the care of the environment.
10 advantages of LED ecological lighting for the environment
1. LED lighting is energy efficient.
An incandescent light bulb loses 80% of its energy as heat, leaving only the last 20% for light emission. On the other hand, LED light bulbs work just the opposite, they allocate a scant 20% of their energy to heat generation. With all this, even compared to so-called low consumption light bulbs, we achieve energy savings that are in the range of 50% to 80%.
2. LED bulbs last longer.
Without a filament to break or burn out, LED bulbs can last up to 20 times longer than incandescent bulbs. Its useful life is around 50,000 hours compared to 2,000 for a standard LED Light Bulbs. So with this type of lighting, there is no need to replace the bulbs so frequently and as a consequence, no waste is generated, this ecological LED lighting being an economical and effective alternative.
3. LEDs are more colorful.
LED Bulbs can be manufactured in a wide range of colors without the use of additional filters, thus reducing production costs. They also provide a brighter color than a filtered bulb and emit light more similar to natural light, since with LED ecological lighting we enjoy a color rendering index greater than 80 out of 100 and, in addition, with minimal energy consumption.
4. Eco-friendly LED lighting is quieter.
The days of light bulbs making an annoying noise are over with the creation of LEDs, so there’s no need to lose your sanity listening to transformers hum or other light bulbs rattle.
5. LED bulbs are safe.
Because they consume so little power, LED light bulbs don’t overheat. They are always kept cold, which reduces the risk of causing burns both in the support where they are placed and in people. In addition, the LED lamps are very stable and resistant to vibration and shock. This avoids, on the one hand, the risks of accidents due to accidental breakage and therefore reduces the production of residual waste.
6. The light from the LED light bulbs is in focus.
LED luminaires can be centered without the use of additional reflectors or lenses, which means less fixture production volume and lower cost for the same light beam.
7. LED is the best option to regulate light intensity.
Incandescent bulbs turn yellow when dimmed, while LED bulbs retain their true colors. The LED lights adapt to the lighting needs of the environment, facilitating the regulation of both the tone and the intensity of the light.
8. LEDs are flexible.
Thanks to their wide range of colors and shapes, LEDs can replace any conventional light bulb. Its tiny size and low power consumption also open up a world of possibilities, from infrared remote control lights to ultra-light headlights.
9. LED light bulbs to turn on immediately.
Illuminating to full brightness in microseconds, LEDs are a safer option when reaction time is a factor, such as when the car in the fast lane slams on the brake pedal.
10. They promise a brighter future.
LED bulbs are a type of ecological lighting and therefore the lighting of the future. Unlike fluorescent bulbs, they do not contain mercury, making your recycling process easier and more environmentally friendly. In addition, the low consumption of LED luminaires is reflected in savings in CO2 and sulfur emissions, which benefit the environment and help protect our ecosystem.
- The forum ‘Technology’ is closed to new topics and replies.