How to use quickbooks fishbowl integration?
Tagged: quickbooks fishbowl integration
23rd December 2021 at 11:10 am #241256tom26072Participant
Quickbooks fishbowl integration is referred to as QuickBooks best inventory management software. Despite the fact that QuickBooks offers best accounting solutions, it lacks many features which are delivered by Fishbowl software. Fishbowl gives helping hands to businesses in delivering inventory solutions like barcode scanning, part tracking and advanced manufacturing tools.8th February 2022 at 11:21 am #241918petergroftParticipant
The following steps will help with a successful integration:
– You will need to have QuickBooks installed on the server computer as well as a complete install of Fishbowl (server and client).
– Login to your Fishbowl client on the server computer as admin (or as a user with sufficient rights). Login to QuickBooks in single user mode as admin.
– In Fishbowl, open the Icon.Accounting Integration.png Accounting Integration module. Click on the Configure tab and then click the QuickBooks Connection button.
– The first screen of this wizard will show a set of instructions that will be helpful during the integration. Within these set of instructions is a list of the accounts that will need to be mapped for the integration as well as some recommendations for mapping of the accounts. We encourage taking a moment here to view the accounts and review which QuickBooks accounts you wish to reference from QuickBooks. If you wish to create new accounts in QuickBooks, now would be the time to do so. Click Next.
– Step two of Integration requests for a user to be created in QuickBooks. Fishbowl utilizes this user when it exports to QuickBooks. To add a user in QuickBooks, go to the Company menu and select Users. Then select Set Up Users and Roles. Create a new user that is easily recognizable, like “Fishbowl”. This user needs to have the role “Full Access” assigned to them. You can add a password if you would like. Once this has been completed, click Next.
– Step three requests for your QuickBooks company file to be opened. Assuming your QuickBooks is currently open and connected to the correct database, select the option to use the file currently opened in QuickBooks. If your QuickBooks file is not open, click the Browse option and find your company file. Click Next.
– Integrating with QuickBooks requires .NET 4.0 or later which is included on most computers or can be installed by running Windows Update.
– Fishbowl will now attempt to connect to QuickBooks. If this is your first time connecting to QuickBooks, a dialog box will be displayed in QuickBooks which asks when to allow Fishbowl access to the company file. We recommend choosing ‘Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running’ (this option allows you to export to QuickBooks without requiring QuickBooks to be open on the same computer). Then select the previously created user as the user to login as. Once you click Continue, a dialog will come up asking if you want to grant access to Fishbowl, select Yes.
– Back in Fishbowl, you will now choose again your QuickBooks file. Select the option that states “use the file currently open in QuickBooks”, or browse to find your company file. Click Next.
– The next step will ask you to specify if you will be using Fishbowl default accounts or if you would like to choose from existing QuickBooks accounts. Using the Fishbowl default Accounts will create a default set of 21 accounts in QuickBooks (the default will be what is listed in the instruction sheet in step 4). If you choose from existing QuickBooks accounts then you will be sent through the 21 accounts and asked to map each account to one of your QuickBooks accounts. We recommend the assistance of a certified accountant while mapping your QuickBooks accounts. Whether you choose Fishbowl default accounts or existing QuickBooks accounts, click Next when you are finished with your mapping. Note: You are allowed to go back at a later time and make account changes if necessary.
– The last screen allows data to be imported from QuickBooks into Fishbowl. Select the items that should be imported and then click Next to import in the data. After the import is complete click Finish.
– Now that Fishbowl will handle your Inventory and Purchase Orders, we recommend you turn off these features in QuickBooks. You may do this in QuickBooks by selecting Edit | Preferences and selecting Items & Inventory on the left side of the dialog. Select the Company Preferences tab and make sure that Inventory and purchase orders are active is unchecked. Then press OK to have it accept your changes.
This May Help,
- The forum ‘Technology’ is closed to new topics and replies.