How to connect Method:CRM with QuickBooks Desktop
23rd February 2022 at 9:42 am #242190petergroftParticipant
In most scenarios, connecting your Method:CRM account to a QuickBooks file on your desktop is an easy process that takes 15-30 mins.
Requirements for Installation and Sync
Before you can start using Method:CRM with QuickBooks Desktop, you need the following items:
• Your QuickBooks Desktop file opens within QuickBooks Desktop (on Windows).
• Supported Windows Version. You can install the Method Sync Engine on Windows 7 and higher. For those on Windows Server, please see our separate set of installation instructions (Windows XP and older are not supported).
• QuickBooks Admin permissions (for initial sync only).
• Your Method:CRM Account details (which is part of this install)
First Sign Up with Method:CRM
At this point, you should be signed up and waiting for the sync.
You will be asked to select which version of QuickBooks you are using: Online or on the Desktop. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
When you sign up with Method:CRM, you will be given a step-by-step guide to starting the sync, however, if you skip that guide, we will outline the steps here.
Step 1: Open QuickBooks Desktop as the Admin
Open your QuickBooks file to the company file you wish to sync. You will need Admin access for this QuickBooks file. If you are not the person who will be installing the sync engine, please see the section Additional Computers with QuickBooks further below in this article to email the instructions to someone else.
Step 2: Install
1. Click Download to download the sync engine.
2. Click the downloaded file (MethodSyncInstaller.exe) to launch the installer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Method Sync Engine.
4. Eventually, you will need to confirm the details of your authentication which brings us to the next step.
Step 3: Connect
1. Once the installation is complete, the above application certificate will pop up.
2. Make sure you choose “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open”.
3. Click Continue and then Done to start your Method:CRM sync!
If you accidentally click something else, you can change these settings later from within QuickBooks under the “Integrated Apps Settings” section.
And now your sync is underway! To see the status of your sync, find the Method Logo in your taskbar, right-click it, and select Display.
Your first sync may take a while depending on the size of your QuickBooks file. When it’s complete the Method PUSH status will read connected and turn green.
When you return to your browser, you will be taken into Method:CRM! You may see a second QuickBooks Application Certificate pop up, similar to the one above. This one is to authorize the Method Integration Engine Listener. Please allow the same access as you did previously for this certificate.
Additional Computers with QuickBooks
To ensure a real-time sync between Method:CRM and QuickBooks, the Method Sync Engine should be installed on each additional computer accessing the QuickBooks desktop file.
To know more about QuickBooks Salesforce and QuickBooks Contractor visit Apps4Rent.
- The forum ‘Technology’ is closed to new topics and replies.