first aid steps for children
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Everything Else’ is closed to new topics and replies.
When it comes to first aid steps for children, there are certain steps that are specific to children. Here are a few things to keep in mind when caring for a sick or injured child:
1. Never give a child medication without consulting a doctor first. Children’s bodies are different from adults and they can react differently to medication.
2. If a child is bleeding, apply pressure to the wound and elevate the limb if possible. Children tend to bleed more quickly than adults, so it’s important to act fast.
3. If a child is having a seizure, do not try to restrain them. Instead, clear away any objects that could hurt them and make sure they’re safe until the seizure passes.