Reply To: Bitdefender error 1002 and 1011- (fix 2021)
– On your Windows desktop, navigate to the Windows Settings application.
– Alternatively, press the Windows + I shortcut key on your keyboard to open the Windows Settings screen.
– Select Update & Security on the Windows Settings page and choose Windows Security from the left side panel.
– Click the Virus & threat protection feature under the Protection areas column.
– Select the Run a new advanced scan option.
– Choose ‘Full Scan’ and click on the Scan now button.
– Now, wait until the Windows Defender Firewall scans and removes all the virus-infected files on your system automatically.
– You can also run the disk cleanup on your Windows to remove the accumulated junk files causing the Bitdefender Error Code 1002.
– Navigate to the search bar and type ‘cmd.exe’ to open the Command Prompt window.
– Give a right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
– Click on the Yes button in the User Account Control(UAC) window if it prompts.
– Type ‘cleanmgr’ in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key.
– Select the drives you wish to clean from the dialogue box and click OK.
– Now, Rerun the Command Prompt as administrator on Windows.
– Type the ‘sfs/scannow’ command and press the Enter key.
– It starts scanning your system entirely and gives the status of it.
– You are also suggested to update the Windows OS and reinstall the Bitdefender Antivirus application.
– If you still have a problem with resolving the Bitdefender Error Code 1002, contact our technical team by clicking the Call button available on this screen.
This may help,